Friday, July 18, 2008

Out with the boys . . .

There is something distinctly freeing about an evening out with guy friends. Tonight I had plans which fell through, so I met up with 3 sweet, wonderful gentlemen friends for a beer.
It's always interesting when sitting across from a couple of guys and their eyes, in perfect synchronization, begin to slowly slide to the side, following the cute girls who are obviously over my left shoulder. Humbling. 
We conversed about what their love lives would (or wouldn't) look like if they received life sentences in prison, about our love for our dogs, and about what makes a girl or guy ignore your contact on an online dating website ("But pictures can be misleading!" declared one of these sweet boys) 
But toward me, they were always complimentary and protective, reassuring me that my jewelry was cute, that I did not ever look nearly as drunk as those girls over there, and that for any guy who ignored me online, "It's his loss."
I have not had such a fun, easy, hysterical night out in a long time.

No comments: