Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hellboy 2

My summer movie marathon continued today - I went to see a matinee showing of Hellboy 2. I've always loved fantasy movies such as Legend, Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings, and Big Fish. Hellboy 2 definitely fell into this genre.
Screenwriter/Director Guillermo del Toro created a rich fantasy world with a slew of interesting creatures. There was a trip to the "troll market" that reminded me so much of the classic cantina scene in Star Wars. 
I've loved Ron Perlman since he played Vincent on the television show Beauty and the Beast (remember that one? with Linda Hamilton!?). He is so great as Hellboy - even with all those prosthetics, he has perfect facial expressions and delivers the one-liners with excellent comedic timing.
Overall, I liked this one better than Iron Man!

No comments: