Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mom is Coming!

A week from tomorrow, my mom is coming to visit. This will be her second time visiting me since I moved to San Diego nine years ago. My aunt is coming too, and it is going to interesting squeezing the three of us into my teeny tiny apartment.
This is not my main concern, however. What I'm really wondering about is where I'm going to take them! It's not that there is nothing to do in San Diego - in fact, I have the opposite problem. There are just too many choices. And since they are coming in late Thursday night and leaving on Sunday morning, we only have two days.
Since I am working at UCSD for a couple of hours on Friday morning, I think I will drop my mom and aunt off in La Jolla during that time. They can wander around, shop, harass the seals, eat breakfast, etc. For Friday afternoon, perhaps we will drive down to Cabrillo or just go to La Jolla Shores beach. Breakfast at the Original Pancake House is definitely on tap for Saturday morning. Then, I am thinking about the Zoo. It's probably the most famous San Diego tourist attraction, and I have free passes. We could spend a good portion of a day there. Oh, or what about Old Town? I know my mom would love Old Town. Of course, there's always Coronado too! Saturday night dinner... Sevilla? Pacifica? Jake's? Indigo Grill? It's going to be hard to choose!
Hopefully, whatever I pick will be interesting enough to entice Mom to come back soon, so I don't have to agonize over these decisions every five years!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Oliveira said...

Don't forget the races are in town and the WAP is good.