Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cable TV??

I am thinking of cancelling my cable TV. I mean, I am seriously thinking about it. I sometimes go 3 or 4 days without even turning on my television set, and I'm paying $60 a month why?
Here are the things I like to watch:
  1. Baseball - but Oakland games are rarely on television in San Diego, and Padres games are just too horrifying to watch this year on a regular basis. Plus, if there's a game I really want to see, I have Oggi's and Friday's both within walking distance.
  2. Lost - I rarely stay awake for the television broadcast anyway, since it begins at 10 P.M. during the school year. I just end up watching it online the next day.
  3. Friday Night Lights - I'm never home on Friday night to watch it so ditto for watching it online.
  4. Weeds - I don't even get Showtime so I rent this one on DVD.
  5. American Idol - the only weakness in my plan . . . But since it doesn't start up again until what - January? - I'm sure I'll come up with something. Surely Meg has room on her couch for me on Tuesday and Wednesday nights!
And really that's it! If nothing else, cancelling cable would be a great experiment. Even if I only last one month, that would be $60 saved - enough for at least 2 weeks worth of venti soy green tea lattes from Starbucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would totally cancel cable it I didn't live with matt. I think it's such a waste of money. and since you don't watch tv much anyway, it's a painless way to save money. Leave you more time to knit anyway