Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spin, Spin, Spin

Meg has been trying to get me to come with her to spin class for months (years?). I finally caved in tonight. For the uninitiated, spin is a stationary bike class. The instructor sits on a bike in front of the class and yells out different directions to the student bikers. Like any aerobics class, there is loud music, a motivating group dynamic and lots of sweat.

I had actually done spin two other times before tonight. Once was at a gym I belonged to up in Los Gatos, so that must have been circa 1998. The second one was at L.A. Fitness maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

You might be thinking that I gave up on spin after one session each of these times because I didn't like it. You would be partially correct. Spin is very fun, but very, very hard. After an hour of standing up and sitting down, adjusting tension, sprinting, jumping, and running on a bike, I always feel like I am going to die.

Tonight's class was terrific. The "Cliff Shot Blox" Meg fed me before class gave me the energy boost I needed to get me through the class. Of course she also promised me cake afterward.... Anyway, I had fun and I think I burned about 4 million calories, so maybe I will go back within the next decade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You rocked sista friend! Honestly, I think next week you will be promoted to the front row, for sure! Thanks for the din-din, so yum-yum! BTW we all agreed that you actually knew more answers at Jeopardy than you let on to make us feel, "not quite so dumb"!