Sunday, August 17, 2008

Random Musings...

I really don't have anything profound to say today, so just some miscellaneous goings-on from my life:
  • I ran eight miles this morning with Meg, Susan, Matt, and Mark. Yeah us!
  • I finally saw Clerks 2 this weekend. Thanks, Jared ;) Oh, and Reese's Pieces too. Yum!
  • Yesterday, I went to breakfast at the Original Pancake House. Today, I ate half my leftovers. The rest will be breakfast tomorrow!! Big portions? I'll say.
  • I have not watched any of the Olympics. I am a bad American.
  • Today, I celebrated my niece's 5th birthday. It's so weird. She is beginning Kindergarten in a few days. I remember enrolling her big brother in preschool 3 years ago, and he is about to start second grade. Kids really do grow up fast...
  • I just learned today that my good friend Ashli, who now lives in Phoenix, is coming to visit in September. I am so excited to see her! We worked together for 6 years, and I miss her terribly since she moved away.
  • Tomorrow, I go back to work full time. School doesn't start until the following Monday, but I have a heck of a lot of work to do between now and then!
  • I came across this interesting opinion piece today in the Union Trib. Food for thought, certainly. Although with the examples of inexperienced politicians that Condon cites, I'm not sure he really proves his point. Be sure to read the comments at the end. They will make you feel smart, I guarantee it.

No comments: