Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

Ah, yes . . . a week has gone by with no posts. It must be Back to School time! Today was the kids' first day back, but I've been working in my classroom for the better part of the past two weeks. You would think that after 12 years of this, setting up my room and preparing for the new school year would be a snap. But that's just not my personality: I am slow and diligent and I tend to overprepare and overthink everything! So I know to give myself plenty of time to ease back into the fray each August.
I got to work super-early this morning. I skipped my morning run so I could arrive at school around 6:30. This was probably a mistake, as the exercise would have given me a much-needed energy boost. I'll make up for it tomorrow.
By 7:45, when my new students began to arrive, I definitely felt ready. I have a tiny little class of 21 students, although that number will likely grow as families continue to move into the new homes surrounding my school.
The kids themselves were marvelous: sweet, calm, hard-working, respectful... I can already tell that this is going to be a terrific year!

No comments: