Monday, August 18, 2008

Crappiest Movie Ever?

I subscribe to the Blockbuster at Home DVD service. This little movie-rental program is perfect for me. I mainly rent cable television shows like The Tudors, Weeds, Big Love, and Deadwood. And, unfortuately, these shows are not stocked in the inexpensive red box rental machines at Albertsons. So, for $10 a month, I get 4 DVDs, which is not a bad deal at all. 
Anyway, I received my latest DVD in the mail about a week ago. I've been wanting to watch the new Showtime series called Californication with David Duchovny. I loved Duchovny on the X-Files, and I had read in Entertainment Weekly that this new series was pretty explicit, but quite good. So, tonight I decided to sit down and enjoy this raunchy entertainment!
Well, when I opened up the envelope, I found that the disc inside was a movie called 10,000 B.C. - oops, a little mix up on the part of Blockbuster. I reported the problem online, and then I thought, "Huh, a free movie. Might as well check it out."
Now I have seen some bad movies in my life. Usually they are sequels to movies I actually really liked. I walked out of the theater a few minutes in to The Crow 2. Jurassic Park 2 - need I say more? And Blair Witch 2? Don't even get me started!! Some other crappy movies I've actually paid money to see include A History of Violence and Message in a Bottle.
At least I was smart enough to stay completely away from bombs such as Gigli, Battlefield Earth, Glitter, and Swept Away (I love ya Madonna, but not that much).
I gave 10,000 BC a generous 10 minutes to prove itself. It felt like 10,000 minutes! Total crap. Horrible. Stupid dialogue, ridiculous acting, second-rate CGI . . . there is nothing redeeming about this movie, unless maybe they inject a kick-ass car chase scene midway through. But somehow, I doubt it. Free or not, this one is headed back to Blockbuster unwatched.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, let me see if I understand you correctly: You DIDN'T like the movie?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be adding this to my netflix queue

Anonymous said...

You do to like Madonna that much! Ash

Jennifer H. said...

Yeah, you're right Ashli. I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet!!