Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mom and Diane Have Gone Home

Sadly, after a super-short visit, my mom and aunt have returned home to San Jose. It was so wonderful having them here! I hadn't enjoyed uninterrupted "girl time" with my mom since the night before my wedding eight years ago, and I hadn't even seen my aunt Diane in several years. I really loved sharing my home and my adopted city with them over the past couple of days.
Although it was fun carousing all over town, what I really enjoyed most about this visit was the time we spent at my apartment: sitting on my tiny couch and on the floor, pets sprawled out getting their fill of affection, mixed drinks in hand, and tons and tons of good conversation. I have always felt the steel resolve in my blood that has been passed down from generation to generation of women in my family. What a gift to be grown up and sharing thoughts and feelings with women I admire so much.

No comments: