Saturday, February 28, 2009

Music Memories

I heard the song Friday, I'm In Love by the Cure this morning on the radio. A fun, happy song, it always reminds me of one particular love of my own. It's amazing how music can act as a mental trigger. There are so many songs that bring a person to the forefront of my thoughts, even if it's been 10, 15, 20 years since we last spoke! Here are some of the other songs that have strong connections for me - connections that I'm pretty sure will last a lifetime:

Crush Story by Too Much Joy
Think About You
by Guns 'n' Roses
Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order (that one is for you, Susan!)
In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
The Best for Last by Vanessa Williams
Waiting for A Girl Like You by Foreigner
Crazy for You by Madonna
Taking You Home by Don Henley
Wonderful World by Louie Armstrong
No One by Alicia Keys
Bubbly by Colby Callait

And one that I hear very, very rarely, but that is good because it never fails to bring me to tears: Annie's Song by John Denver.



I'm curious - what songs do this for you??

No comments: