Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just an Update...

It has been over a week since I last blogged - I haven't gone this long without writing in a while. I was starting to go into withdrawl!! It's been a very busy week...

Last Sunday and Monday, I was in Phoenix visiting my dear friend Ashli, her husband John, and their baby girl Saylor. It was such a fun trip. Ash and I went out for a Sushi and movie night on Sunday. Correction: sushi, movie, and mojito night! We saw the movie Taken, which was just okay, but the sushi was excellent, and the conversation was nonstop. I miss having Ashli here in San Diego and I do hope she moves back one of these days.

From the time I got home, I devoted much of my free time to finishing up my report cards. This coming week is parent-teacher conference week. I also had lots of little tasks to complete in preparation for my surgery. So, no time to blog.

Thursday morning, I went in for my pre-op appointment, then I spent the rest of the day at work putting the finishing touches on my report cards and holding my first four conferences. I am so glad I got a few out of the way already!

Friday morning, I went in for my laparoscopy. During this surgery, the doctors put me under general anesthesia and poked around at my insides for about half an hour. I will get to see the pictures in a couple of weeks at my follow-up appointment. I'm sore and a bit bruised, but it's really not too bad. Meg and Karla have taken such great care of me, and Amy has promised to bring me a Starbucks later this morning since I haven't had one in three days!

Then last night, my high school friend Stephanie came to visit for a couple of hours. She happened to be in town from Chico for a OT class. It was so wonderful to see her - we kept remarking how after 15 years or so apart, we hardly skipped a beat. It was nonstop talking the entire time.

And tonight the Academy Awards are on television. Once again, I did not meet my goal of seeing all 5 nominees for best picture, but 3 is pretty good, I think. All of the predictions say that Slumdog Millionaire will win anyway, and I saw (and loved) that one! I am looking forward to wrapping up my weekend by lying around watching the red carpet fashions and seeing Hugh Jackman's first Oscar-hosting gig. I'm sure I'll have something to write about the Academy Awards tomorrow!

No comments: