Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Centering...

Anyone who knows me knows that I am absolutely reliable about one thing: I look for the positive in every situation. I started writing in this blog regularly last summer (if you're reading this on Facebook, it's much prettier at http://sdjennyhow.blogspot.com/) as a way to keep seeing the silver lining - a sort of gratitude journal, if you will.

Here are some of the things that I am grateful for...
  • My dog, Brandy
  • Cosmopolitan magazine
  • Nachos
  • When my students say "thank you" as I'm passing out tests
  • Coming home to my own place
  • Immersing myself in a film at the theater for a couple of hours
  • Toddlers who grin at me
  • The baristas at Starbucks who start my drink as soon as I walk in the door
  • This American Life podcasts
  • Madonna
  • A good glass of wine ... a good beer ... a good gin and tonic ...
  • That the teacher next door to me always patiently listens to my sob stories, even if the bell is going to ring in 1 minute
  • Hot tubs
  • The internet
  • Coupons
  • Not having a single regret when it comes to love

No comments: