Thursday, September 17, 2009

Teacher Story

Today, my little fourth grade class made me so proud. They elected the "quirky" kid in my class as class representative based on the strength of his speech. I snagged the text and am sharing it with you. Just imagine this being recited with all the conviction and passion a nine year-old can muster:
I want to say that a good Class Representative should be someone with certain qualifications. What qualifications do you ask? This is where I fit in...

Some of you are great at soccer, some at baseball, gymnastics. I am great at planning school activities like the Haunted Hallway and Spirit Week. This sounds like my chance to finally do something I know I'm qualified for. My strengths aren't on the football field but I DO have strengths in the academic world.

Please allow me to explain...

If I'm given this opportunity, I know that I'm the right choice. I'm dependable, honest, smart, and let's face it, I have a great imagination! And a great Class Representative requires someone who can come up with creative ideas.

And by listening to your thoughts and ideas, I will be your voice at the meetings. Therefore, your ideas can be heard too.

I feel I am the right choice because I want to be able to give something back to my school...something I can look back one day and be proud of...
Yeah, I think this particular kiddo is really proud tonight. I'm sure proud of him :-)

No comments: