Sunday, July 12, 2009

M. Fox

Transformers II was not bad. It was full of action, big-budget special effects, slick-looking alien robots, beautiful people, and a very endearing new character named Jetfire. Sadly, it also had an abundance of cliched and tired plot devices, poor acting, and two annoying new characters named Mudflap and Skids.

And of course, there was Megan Fox, with whom I've developed a mild obsession. When I saw the first Transformers movie in 2007, I was awed by her near-perfect physical beauty. My jealousy was ratcheted up a notch when I found out Ms. Fox was engaged to Brian Austin Greene. The entertainment rags have highlighted the on-again, off-again romance of the 23 year-old goddess and the 36 year-old former 90210 actor. She did a nice job parodying herself in the movie How to Lose Friends and Alienate People. And now I hear she's in the upcoming film Jennifer's Body, which was written by my idol Diablo Cody.

Megan did an interview a month or so ago with Entertainment Weekly. She came across as incredibly lame, egotistical, and douche-y.... she used the prefix "uber-" three different times to describe herself (I remember ubersexual was one of them, but can't recall the other two)!

Megan Fox is often compared to Angelina Jolie, and it's easy to see why. Both are willowy brunettes with masculine self-confidence, "ubersexuality," tattoos, and big juicy lips. I am a huge Angelina fan, and really want to like Megan as well. Angelina was the original bad girl who sowed all kinds of wild oats and then settled down into her role as super-mom, UN ambassador, and excellent actress. Angelina has always been fascinating to watch, and, at least to me, she has always seemed authentic. It feels like Megan is a poser: a young girl who is trying way too hard to play a role as the nymphet. She is certainly not stupid - either she or her management team is very aware of how to sell the image and keep Megan Fox in the public eye.

The thing is, all BS aside, I suspect Megan may actually be a pretty good actress. I'll be very curious to see how long her run lasts...

No comments: