Friday, May 1, 2009

Extra Fiber Maybe?

My dog Brandy is a big girl now. She is going on nine years old this August, so she is not too much of a troublemaker anymore. When she was a young pup, I used to have to take deep cleansing breaths before opening the door when I arrived home in the afternoons. I never knew what kind of mess or destruction I might see. She has opened drawers and cupboards to pull out goodies, she's eaten rice, chocolate, textured vegetable protein, powdered drink mix, hard candies, and countless other food and non-food items. I have picked up garbage that's been merrily tossed all over the floor and licked clean more time times than I can count. Brandy has chewed walls and furniture, and I will never forget the time I opened the door and had the impression that it had snowed indoors: she had opened up the down couch cushions and there were feathers everywhere. But like I said, these days, she is usually just content to sleep while I'm gone. However every so often, she goes looking for adventure....

Tonight, while I was out, Brandy was looking for some fun or perhaps some treats:
Yup, they are what you think they are. She ripped open the whole damn box, flung 'em everywhere and chewed on most of them individually. I can just imagine her thinking, "Surely there must be cookies inside of THIS one!...Darn...Oh what's in this package?!"

2 comments:

anaklaut said...

hello..

nice blog

Gail said...

At least they weren't used. Waldo has a thing for used feminine products. We had to get a lidded trash container for the bathrooms so that he wouldn't go digging. That's even worse.