Monday, April 20, 2009

Monkeying Around

I am so thrilled to present my long-awaited, complete Monkey Socks!!

I made these socks using this free knitting pattern. I've been laboring over these monkeys since late January and I am very proud of them for several reasons:

1. They are my first adult-sized socks. I've made baby socks before, but those are so much less risky as they are tiny and stretchy and the baby will surely fit into them at one point or another. Adult socks need to come out a certain size, and I was a little afraid whether this would actually happen.

2. They do actually fit!


3. Besides being my first socks, this is really the first wearable garment I've ever knitted for myself. I tend to knit a lot of blankets and other square objects, and I've made baby and dog clothes, but for the first time, I have created something I will actually proudly put on. And go out in public. I promise!


Who knows where this momentum will lead me...maybe I'll make myself a sweater next. At the rate I've been going, it should be ready just in time for winter!

3 comments:

Karla said...

Congrats on finishing them! They look great. Enjoy wearing them.

Gail said...

Yeah! You'll be able to show them off on Saturday. Hopefully it won't be quite oven temperature by then

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That fella has got some big feet.