Monday, March 16, 2009

Lush

I am addicted to Lush.

When I mention this store to friends who've never heard of it, the typical response is something like, "Is that a store for alcoholics?" No! The definition of "lush" that applies here is luxurious, opulent, and extremely pleasing for the senses.

Lush is store that is based in the UK. Although they call themselves a cosmetics company, they don't sell any makeup. Lush specializes in organic bath and body products: bath bombs, bubble bars, powders, lotions, soaps, hair products, etc. Everything in the store is handmade, completely organic, and smells heavenly. Oh, and as you can probably imagine, it's expensive.

I first discovered Lush during my 2005 (?) girls' spa weekend in Carmel. There is no store in San Diego - the nearest is Anaheim. But it's actually more convenient for me to visit the one in Santa Clara when I'm in the Bay Area. There is a website, of course, but I don't shop it for two reasons:
1. Already expensive enough without adding on shipping charges!
2. I really like to touch and smell what I'm buying first.

I discovered in 2007 that Lush has an annual after-Christmas sale where the bath bombs, which typically sell for around $6 apiece, go for $2 instead. My favorite is the Youki-Hi bath bomb, which is a jasmine-scented dream come true.

So, taking advantage of this amazing sale, I've stocked up on a year's worth of bath bombs and bubble bars (if I use one a week). I can't wait to go take a bath now......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this store too! I've been to the one in Downtown Disney and somewhere else now that I can't remember. I need to get me some so I can take a bath. Fun stuff...