Thursday, March 12, 2009

Field of Dreams

March is here, the weather is turning warmer, we've set the clocks forward an hour - it's nearly time for BASEBALL!

I love the beginning of the season. Every team has the same record, most of the players are healthy and rested, and it seems like anything is possible. 162 games is plenty of time to climb to the top of the division and stay there.

Maybe Rickey making it into the Hall will bring luck and Oakland will make it to the playoffs this year, with solid veterans like Eric Chavez and Mark Ellis, the return of prodigal son/steroid junkie Jason Giambi, and the addition of aging star Nomar Garciaparra.

Meg, Susan, and I will be getting in on the preseason action with a trip to Phoenix next weekend to watch the A's in Cactus League play. Thanks Jodi for hosting us! It's been, I think, 12 years since my last spring training trip. I'm so excited for this sneak preview of the season.

And I'm thrilled that the A's will be coming to San Diego in June to play the Padres - for the second time in the past three years! I already got my tickets to all three games and will be there cheering for my team. Go green!

No comments: