Saturday, March 13, 2010

Simple Pleasures

The winter quarter was a busy one, but now that it's over, I have a couple of weeks with time to breathe! I've been contemplating simple pleasures lately...

• My ancient washing machine making it through an entire cycle without my having to readjust the load.

• Hot chocolate in the teacher's lounge.

• Coming home to a clean floor because Brandy did not notice that I forgot to put the trash out of her reach.

• Green lights.

• Getting an upbeat text message right when I need one.

• Dark chocolate and red wine.

• The tough kid in my class being absent.

• Being able to print in dark blue when I run out of black ink at a critical moment.

• A weekend with no rain.

1 comment:

Cheeseboy said...

Hey - GREAT BLOG! Lucky that I stumbled upon it. I teach First Grade and I love it when the tough kid is absent. But I hate it when you think they are absent, but they just show up like 15 minutes late. DOH!