Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gettin' Old

I made a sobering discovery last week: there are actually gray hairs growing out of the top of my head. My first thought was, "Why have none of my tall friends told me about this?" Stiff, wiry little suckers, they are not very long, which leads me to believe they are pretty recent acquisitions. At first, I thought maybe it was the way the bathroom light was reflecting, so I yanked one out and took an up-close look. Sigh....These hairs are not gray, they are pure white.

1 comment:

Verbalpunchingbag said...

You don't have to tell me about that. I used to have long black non-white hair. Now I have long bleach-white wire hair invading my head. Sometimes the kids are like self-propelled, soul sucking vacuum cleaners. Still, sometimes they can be angels...that steer the soul suckers in your general direction to get a laugh. At least my days are never dull and they know how to make me smile.

http://willlearnyougood.blogspot.com/