Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer is Here!!

Well, it's officially summer vacation, and how did I spend my first day off? At work, of course. I'm really taking my time this year to clean and organize my classroom. Last year, I had a really challenging group of students, and by this time, it was all I could do to jam everything in cupboards, lock the door, and run away for 10 weeks. This June, I am not nearly so exhausted. In fact, I have a great deal of momentum coming off an excellent school year. So, I am trying to pack everything away in a very organized fashion, knowing, of course, that when I come back in the fall I will be deep in the mire of my EdD program and may not have the time or energy that I do right now. I am going to finish up tomorrow because if I don't, my school's admin will wrestle my classroom key out of my hand, and I don't like my odds in a cage match with Lesa! So, I'm planning to get in there early, finish putting everything away neatly, hopefully do some planning for the first month of school, then get out of the way. I have my first class at UCSD tomorrow night, so as I finish one task, it will be time to embark on another...

1 comment:

Gail said...

Enjoy the break. I hope you get to knit a lot even though you will be busy with school. Let me know if you ever need a knit break during the week:)