Monday, December 29, 2008

Pink Rocks!

For Christmas, Jared was kind enough to buy me 4 of the CDs I've been coveting (thank you baby!) My favorite, by far, is Pink's new album, Funhouse. Pink went through a divorce this year, which, although sad, made for a lot of amazing song material. The raw emotional nature of Funhouse reminds me of Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill, but I think Pink's vocals are stronger than Alanis's ever were. Also, where Jagged Little Pill appealed to the angry twenty-something feminist in me, Funhouse is much more focused on the grief to watching love slip away and finding a way to survive that heartache. So of course, I find a lot of the CD's lyrics personally relatable...

The first single "Rock Star," has been all over the radio lately. It's a very catchy tune and I crank the volume up every time I hear it.

But my favorite song on the CD is this one, called "Crystal Ball."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, like this Pink lady. Dammit, the world needs more of these scornful shrews!